Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Don't Try This At Home


I woke up at about 2 am (I had taken a nap the afternoon before)My dog likes the quality time alone with the food guy. Waking up at night is getting to be a habit... that pays lately.

With the squeeze showing signs of breaking out, I assumed it would be a one-way day. And as we know one-way days are notorious for shitty buy and sell signals because there are no pivots -- no opposition to the trend.
So I dialed down to a 3 minute chart to get a little zoomed-in and saw a nice buy signal at 3 am.

It cross confirmed nicely with HMH's on my standard 4000, 5000 and 8000 tick charts so I took it.

The rest is history.







WARNING!: I only use the 3 minute chart to confirm something I see taking shape on the longer interval charts. If you try to force a trade by looking for a formation on the 3 minute -- instead of patiently waiting for the longer interval charts to show a buy/sell signal, you will get sucked into numerous false signals and will lose money. Do not focus on the 3 minute as an anchor chart.

No comments:

Post a Comment